The AC Buehler Library and the Learning Center have teamed up to provide our new Textbook Collection! we just might have yours!
Textbooks are searchable in the I-Share catalog by title or ISBN, or we have a folder at the Circulation Desk you can look through.
We will need the title of the textbook to help you or the ISBN which you can get from Beck's Book website, so bring your syllabus with you.
Textbooks are usable in the library for a two-hour checkout—but you can always scan pages you need. You must observe copyright parameters with your scanning - copying 10% of the complete work is a safe amount.
You will need your to check textbooks out.
Ask at the Circulation Desk or call 630-617-3160 for help. You can also ask at the Reference Desk (630-617-3173) or IM from the library website (library.elmhurst.edu) with any questions.
1) We have introduced FREE color printing for members of our college community!
2) We now have two color printers.
3) We have moved some of our print release stations to "Printer's Row" on the north side of the main floor. "Printer's Row" consists of three printer release stations, three black and white printers and two color/black and white printers. We still have one black and white printer and print release station in each of the two library classrooms.
4) Our Scanning stations have moved to the north side of the main floor by "Printers Row." You will need to use your enumber and password in order to print in black and white.
4) You can now swipe your Jaypass to release your print jobs.
5) You no longer need to wait for the PaperCut print confirmation pop-up box.
5) Each of our printers is now distinguished by the name of a famous Chicago author: Here's a quick guide:
|New Location||New Name||Type of Printer|
|First Floor Printers Row||Brooks||Black & White|
|First Floor Printers Row||Hughes||Black & White|
|First Floor Printers Row||Cisneros||Black & White|
|First Floor Printers Row||Wright||Color AND Black & White|
|First Floor Printers Row||Monroe||Color AND Black & White|
|First Floor Classroom||Sandburg||Black & White|
|Lower Level Cluster||Hemingway||Black & White|
|Poster Printer (by appt w/ CST)||Large Format Poster Printer|
Check out our Printing Guide for step-by-step instructions.
In summer of 2020, two databases will undergo a name change. They will be listed under their new names on the A-Z Database List. Nothing else about these databases will change.
1) The library now circulates 10 laptop computers for four hours for use within the building.
2) The library also circulates 2 TI 84 Plus calculators for two hours for use within the building.
3) The library no longer has Mac computers.
4) The library has added 8 additional PC's by the library classroom.
5) Don't forget that we have a PC lab on the lower level of the library.
Our database vendors are offering extra content to help assist with online teaching, learning and research until June 30, 2020, unless otherwise noted. Please continue to look back here as we are working with our vendors to offer more online content. Some of the databases listed below are new or have expanded content.