The A.C. Buehler Library supports the vision and mission of Elmhurst College to make a difference in the lives of students so that they can make a difference in the world. As a teaching library, the Library is committed to an active role in the preparation of students for a lifetime of purposeful learning for professional excellence in an information technology based society.
The A.C. Buehler Library fulfills its mission by:
- Teaching students to be successful, ethical information users.
- Facilitating access to information resources through a variety of user-centered information services.
- Selecting, organizing, and efficiently managing a collection of books, periodicals, electronic resources, and multimedia materials.
- Encouraging and supporting faculty and students in the use of emerging learning technologies.
- Providing a welcoming, collaborative space for the community of scholars.
- Cooperating with regional, national, and international libraries and library organizations.
- Information literacy learning and teaching as central to library programs, services, management.
- Central, highly visible role of the college library within the campus community.
- Collaboration, innovation, creativity, and risk taking.
- Intercultural learning and multicultural diversity.
- Teaching role of librarians and libraries.
- Technology leadership role of librarians and libraries.
- Ethical use of information, privacy, Library Bill of Rights.
- Library best practices.
- Continuous professional growth and development for all library staff.
- Cooperation among libraries and librarians.
Last edited July 1st, 2009 at 5:52 pm by Library Staff