We are happy to offer current faculty, staff and students access to the entire New York Times website.
What does it include?
In addition to the New York Times' news coverage, an educational account will provide the following benefits:
- Online archive (dating back to 1851)
- Interactive media (graphics, charts, maps, polls, custom content, NYT Sonic Journey)
- Video library (spanning all sections)
- NYT app for mobile devices
- NYT AR / VR / 360 content
- NYT “Watching” - TV and movie recommendations (with personalization option)
- Podcasts (including our popular "Daily" podcast, “Caliphate,” and “Dear Sugars,” among others)
- Newsletters (there are a variety of topics that you may subscribe to)
- Article history and Save options (across platforms)
- Article comment permissions
- NYT in Education website (includes 16 discipline-specific areas of study, discussion prompts, learning outcomes, Instructional Strategies, and Co-Curricular Activities)
- The Education site is a separate website and requires its own username/password. You must register for access (and use your @edu email address) here: nytimesineducation.com/register
How do I sign up?
- Navigate to accessnyt.com
- Search for and select Elmhurst University. You will be redirected to the NYT registration page.
- Click "Create Account" and complete fields; you must use your @365.elmhurst.edu or @elmhurst.edu email account.
- Verify your account (you will receive a confirmation email)*
* The confirmation email may be routed to your spam folder.
What if I already have a New York Times account?
- If you have an existing NYT (unpaid) account, click "Already have an account? Log in here" and log in with their existing NYT username / password. This will link your existing NYT username / password to the Elmhurst Site License.
- If you have an existing NYT (paid) account, you should cancel it first, before it can be associated with the Elmhurst Site License. You must cancel through customer care: email@example.com / 800-591-9233
- As soon as it's cancelled, that will "free up" the username (i.e. @elmhurst.edu or @365.elmhurst.edu email address) so that it may be associated your program, following the same process above.